a game of ghosts and guesses: http://www.specterinspectors.com
-------- // \\ // \\ || __ || || / \ || || \ / || || || || || || || || || || || __ __ || ||/ \ / \|| |/ \__/ \|
• 5-25 players
• 1 smartphone/computer each
• 30-60 minutes
• One player creates a game using the "new" button.
• All other players join using the 4-letter gamecode and the "join" button.
• Each player inputs a name and some clothing color info.
• On launch, each player will be given a secret special role. (2/3 good, 1/3 evil) (1/2 of the good and 1/2 of the evil get special abilities)
• Story: This is where the story takes place, including all narrative and interactive events.
• Notes: Players can type personal notes throughout the game to keep track of everything that happens.
• Chats: Certain roles, like killers and ghosts, are able to communicate in secret with others using this tab.
• day: Each day, players learn if anyone was murdered the night before, and they see what dreams they had. All living players can talk openly at this time.
• execution: Living players can accuse one another of being a murderer - this prompts a poll, and if a majority approve, the accused is put to death.
• night: At night, players "go to sleep" and are not allowed to speak out loud.
• murder: Killers can select any living player to be murdered - they must unanimously agree on a target.
• dream: Dead players come back as ghosts, who cannot talk, but can send "dreams" - clues about the killers based on their clothing colors.
• random: All other players must respond to a few random prompts before progressing - this ensures that player roles remain secret.
• person: good, not magic; no special ability
• illusionist: good, not magic; escapes from murder on first attempt
• healer: good, magic; immediately resurrects murdered players every night
• augur: good, magic; learns allegiance of each executed player
• clairvoyant: good, magic; learns if a player was magic (upon execution or murder)
• medium: good, magic; sees name of ghost sending each dream received
• seer: good, magic; sees all ghost dreams every night
• immortal: good, magic; cannot be murdered at night
• insomniac: good, not magic; sees names of murder nomination targets, but cannot receive dreams
• psychic: good, magic; learns if allegiance of accused and accuser matches during each execution nomination
• empath: good, magic; one random vote is switched to match this player's during each poll
• telepath: good, magic; can chat with the other telepath during the day
• watchkeeper: good, not magic; prevents murder of others each night, but reveals identity
• detective: good, not magic; learns allegiance of one random player every night
• killer: evil, not magic; can chat with other evil players at night
• dreamsnatcher: evil, magic; sees all ghost dreams every night
• obscurer: evil, magic; when poll results are revealed, names will be hidden
• cheater: evil, not magic; one random vote is switched to match this player's during each poll
• spellcaster: evil, magic; unknown to player ghosts
• good: all evil players are dead
• evil: # evil players alive >= # good players alive
|- package.json |- index.js (handleRequest, parseRequest, routeRequest, _302, _403, _404) | |- /node-modules/ | |- mongo | |- /data/db/ | |- sessions | |- games | |- /main/ | |- logic.js (logError, logStatus, logMessage, getEnvironment, getAsset, isReserved, isNumLet, isBot, renderHTML, generateRandom, chooseRandom, sortRandom, locateIP, sanitizeString, determineSession, retrieveData, storeData) | |- stylesheet.css | |- script.js (isNumLet, isEmail, sanitizeString, displayError, buildGhosts, animateGhosts, sendPost) | | | |- banner.png | |- logo.png | |- logo.svg | |- _404.html | |- / (home) | |- logic.js (createGame, createPlayer, joinGame) | |- index.html | |- stylesheet.css | |- script.js (createGame, joinGame) | |- /about/ | |- index.html | |- stylesheet.css | |- script.js (submitFeedback) | |- /game/ |- logic.js (fetchData, submitChat, submitNotes, submitEvent, createStaticEvent, createActionEvent, createQueueEvent, getRoleDescription, checkQueue, setupPlayer, launchGame, createDay, createNight, executePlayer, murderPlayer, setupDream, setupRandom) |- index.html |- stylesheet.css |- script.js (scrollToNewest, startTouch, moveTouch, slideContainer, submitNotes, submitChat, submitEvent, buildChat, buildEvent, disableEvent, enableEvent, localizeTimes, fetchData)