Fantastic Front-End Toolbox
Have a tool or resource that you love and think would be helpful to others? Just send a Pull Request with the details! Please follow the simple Contribution Guidelines. Can't wait to see your suggestions!
- Add Kotlin for web development resources
Table of Contents
- Code Editors
- Deployment & Hosting
- General Development Tutorials/Curriculum
- Mockup Tools
- UI & CSS Frameworks
- Devhints - handy syntax & command reference for hundreds of languages and technologies
- Vue Unit-Testing - handy reference for all things Vue testing, including Jest and Vue-Test-Utils
- Atom - a lightweight, open-source editor featuring Teletype, a tool for real-time collaboration.
- Android Studio - Google's official IDE for Android development.
- CodeRunner - a editor for MacOS that can run code in 25+ languages out of the box and has impressive code autocompletion capabilities.
- IntelliJ - an enterprise-level editor ideally used for writing code in Kotlin or Java.
- VS Code - a lightweight editor that boasts comprehensive editing and debugging features, along with an extensive library of extensions/integrations.
Deployment & Hosting
- Devicons - a collection of development-related icons, such as icons for programming languages
- Font Awesome - the web's largest collection of icons
- Material UI Icons - a large assortment of icons based on material design
- Octicons - a GitHub-themed icon collection
"Wow! That stock photo really drew me into the story of your website/app/business," said no one ever. If you want to capture your audience's attention(and apparently, you have ten seconds to do so), you'll need striking, authentic imagery and illustrations.
- IRA Design - build your own illustrations with free pre-existing gradient images.
- Undraw - a constantly updated collection of beautiful, free SVG images that don't require attribution.
- Hero Patterns - a collection of repeatable SVG background patterns for you to use on your web projects.
General Development Tutorials/Curriculums
- freeCodeCamp - a free, open-source platform for learning full-stack development. There are several 300-hour courses on subjects such as front-end development, data structures, and passing code interviews. Each course completion comes with a certificate.
- Create-React-App - if you've ever dabbled with React, you already know what this is
- React Slingshot
- Simple React App
- Books that Junior Developers should read in 2019
- Front End Handbook 2019 - Frontend Masters - a guide that everyone can use to learn about the practice of front-end development.
Full Stack Open 2019 - a free course run by the University of Helsinki with the main focus of building single page applications with ReactJS that use REST APIs built with Node.js.
React JS Crash Course - a 30,000 foot view of React from Brad Traversy; an hour-long YouTube tutorial.
Mastering React by Mosh - a 12-hour-long series of videos where you learn React fundamentals by building a video rental app.
Official React Tutorial - you will learn React by building an interactive tic-tac-toe game.
Vue (pronounced /vjuː/, like view) is a progressive framework for building user interfaces. Unlike other monolithic frameworks, Vue is designed from the ground up to be incrementally adoptable. The core library is focused on the view layer only, and is easy to pick up and integrate with other libraries or existing projects. On the other hand, Vue is also perfectly capable of powering sophisticated Single-Page Applications when used in combination with modern tooling and supporting libraries. (taken from the official Vue.js site)
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide - a Udemy course considered to be one of the most comprehensive Vue.js tutorials available; each concept is broken down into a bite-sized 2-3 minute video and hands-on learning.
Vue JS Crash Course - an hour-long YouTube tutorial by Brad Traversy; you will learn all about Vue.js including what it is, Vue-CLI, components, data, events, directives, etc.
Laracasts - Learn Vue 2: Step by Step - the most upvoted Vue tutorial on hackr.io.
Build an App with Vue.js - a free tutorial by Scotch.io where you'll learn by creating a lightweight event bulletin board.
- Frontend Masters - a subscription-based platform for learning cutting-edge front-end technologies. Tutorials taught by world-class experts.
- Dev.to - there are plenty of tech articles, and all for free! Just like Medium, it has tutorials, articles, opinions and more about all kinds of tech stuff.
- Medium - some of the most helpful programming articles/tutorials I've come across have been on the Medium platform! Just search for your specific tool/language and you'll find a treasure trove of programming gold nuggets.
- Scotch.io - fun and practical web development tutorials
UI & CSS Frameworks
- Ant Design
- Bootstrap 4
- Bulma - Bulma is a free, open source CSS framework based on Flexbox.
- Material UI - React components for faster and easier web development.
- Semantic UI
- Tailwind CSS - Tailwind CSS is a highly customizable, low-level CSS framework that gives you all of the building blocks you need to build bespoke designs without any annoying opinionated styles you have to fight to override.