More information visit the Github Page
github-projects- Add your public GitHub repositories to your Cinnamon desktop, giving you quick access links and stats, basic alerts.
/demo/force-quit/= A simple applet to kill a specified window - tutorial: http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=156
/demo/test-notification/= a simple applet which should demonstrate (or find issues) using HTML in notifications
See TODO for more details
For issues please report any problems here
Installation Cinnamon 1.8+
- Right click on your panel, click 'Add applets to the panel'.
- Click on 'Get more on-line' tab.
- Find 'GitHub Explorer', right click and 'Mark for installation'.
- Once installed 'Configure' and 'Add to panel'.
Installation Pre Cinnamon 1.8
- Download version 0.5 from here
- Place the folder in ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets/
- Right click on the applet to alter settings, adding your username
- Restart Cinnamon or your PC
- Cinnamon 2.0+
- Linux Mint 16
- Show open issues for each repository within the name, includes options, default enabled - #32
- Added link to view watchers with icon
- Created simple github page
- Renamed repository to
- Indentation added to nested menu elements, thanks @azzazzel
- Tested on Cinnamon 2.0+
- Removed Settings context menu link if running on Cinnamon 2.0+
- Added ability to create a Gist as default
- Contribution: Removed warnings from Looking Glass, thanks @Koutch
- Basic support of watching changes to repos and notification of alerts
- Enable additional notifications with settings, default disabled
- Prevent further GitHub query when API query threshold reached, uses X-RateLimit headers
- Improve applet tooltip on API rate exceeded and errors
- Build in verbose Logging for with setting to enable/disable
- Remove old settings files which are not needed
- Optional menu item if no project home found i.e. dont display it if not present
- Last Query Attempt added to tooltip off applet
- Simple logging of Request limits and rates
- Removal of custom settings implementation, now using Cinnamon 1.8 Settings API and hooks as well as adding more settings
- Tweaked context menu to open new settings
- Refactor of looping code when querying GitHub
- Increased default refresh interval to 3 minutes
- Change default user to 'username' and @myself
- Github username link not updated when user changes
- Display popup when no user is set on start
- Dont perform inital lookup request when no user is set
- Refactorings of menu creation logic, method names etc
Historic Change Log
- Fix missing icon in applet explorer - thanks @maristgeek
- Improve installation scripts - thanks @magno32
- Fix missing user agent string from GitHub API integration - thanks @magno32
- General code refactor of error reporting
- Ensure working with Cinnamon 1.8 and Linux Mint 15
- Remove Verbose Logging mode as served little purpose
- On 403 error from GitHub, show error message supplied in alert and not default error message
- Re-factor Notifications and their content
- Minor re-factorings, replacement of this being miss used!
- Enable verbose logging mode via settings, default false
- Only show failure message X 5
- Re-written error message to make sense!
- Correct Icon/Image for settings right click menu
For use on Cinnamon 1.7 and below please use release V0.5 which can be found within the release folder.