What is it?
RailsCollab is a free web based Project Management and Collaboration tool largely inspired by Basecamp, the communication-oriented project management solution from 37signals.
Its roots come from a similar project called ProjectPier (previously known as ActiveCollab), which instead of Ruby is written in PHP.
Note regarding future development
As of 16-Feb-2012, development of RailsCollab from this branch has been permanently discontinued. Please refer to alternative forks for any future releases.
Manage projects. How?
In RailsCollab, you have the following:
- Task lists - to keep track of what needs to get done, and who is responsible
- Milestones - to track what needs to get done and by whom
- Times - to record how much time has been spent on a project or task
- Files - to share data with your clients
- Messages - for centralized communication
You can add clients to your projects at any time. Each member of a client can have a login, whose access can be restricted to certain elements of the project.
How can i install / upgrade?
Simply run the following:
And login using the username
admin, with the password
I do i do [x]?
Check out the wiki on github.
Are there any screenshots or is there even a demo?
Please refer to the project entry on OpenSourceRails for any screenshots or demos.
For licensing details, refer to the LICENSE file in the root directory.