RailsCollab is a free web based Project Management and Collaboration tool largely inspired by Basecamp, the communication-oriented project management solution from 37signals.
Its roots come from a similar project called ProjectPier (previously known as ActiveCollab), which instead of Ruby is written in PHP.
In RailsCollab, you have the following:
- Task lists - to keep track of what needs to get done, and who is responsible
- Milestones - to track what needs to get done and by whom
- Times - to record how much time has been spent on a project or task
- Files - to share data with your clients
- Messages - for centralized communication
You can add clients to your projects at any time. Each member of a client can have a login, whose access can be restricted to certain elements of the project.
Simply run the following:
And login using the username
admin, with the password
Check out the wiki on github.
Please refer to the project entry on OpenSourceRails for any screenshots or demos.
For licensing details, refer to the LICENSE file in the root directory.