Softimage Krakatoa SR Plugin
This a simple plugin for Softimage that exposes the Krakatoa SR particle renderer from Thinkbox Software as a renderer in Softimage. It is a very basic implementation at this point and is intended as a starting point rather than a fully functional production plugin.
This plugin has NOT been tested in production is just intended as a test/example.
You will need a valid Krakatoa "Render" license from Thinkbox for this plugin to work.
To build you will also need the Krakatoa SR C++ SDK which can be downloaded from the Thinkbox website
Pull requests welcomed.
- Renders ICE point clouds with Krakatoa from within Softimage as a native C++ renderer plug-in
- Custom ICE channels mapped to Krakatoa channels (see below)
- Region Render tool support
- Light Groups can be used to control with lights are used by Krakatoa
- Occlusion mesh support
- Multi-channel EXR output support
The Following ICE Channels are mapped for Krakatoa if they exist and are not being optimized away by ICE