Ace (Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor)
- Syntax highlighting
- Auto indentation and outdent
- An optional command line
- Work with huge documents (100,000 lines and more are no problem)
- Fully customizable key bindings including VI and Emacs modes
- Themes (TextMate themes can be imported)
- Search and replace with regular expressions
- Highlight matching parentheses
- Toggle between soft tabs and real tabs
- Displays hidden characters
Take Ace for a spin!
Previously known as “Bespin” or lately “Skywriter” it’s now known as Ace (Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor)! Bespin and Ace started as two independent projects both aiming to build a no compromise code editor component for the web. Bespin started as part of Mozilla Labs and was based on the canvas tag, while Ace is the Editor component of the Cloud9 IDE and is using the DOM for rendering. After the release of Ace at JSConf.eu 2010 in Berlin the Skywriter team decided to merge Ace with a simplified version of Skywriter's plugin system and some of Skywriter's extensibility points. All these changes have been merged back to Ace now, which supersedes Skywriter. Both Ajax.org and Mozilla are actively developing and maintaining Ace.
Getting the code
Ace is a community project. We actively encourage and support contributions. The Ace source code is hosted on GitHub. It is released under the Mozilla tri-license (MPL/GPL/LGPL). This is the same license used by Firefox. This license is friendly to all kinds of projects, whether open source or not. Take charge of your editor and add your favorite language highlighting and keybindings!
git clone git://github.com/ajaxorg/ace.git