Hey, I'm Jamie
I'm currently a Senior Software Engineer at Deliveroo, and I'm currently based in Nottingham.
I have a /now page, which aims to be a more up-to-date about page.
I use my personal website as a method of blogging about my learnings, as well as sharing information about projects I have previously, or am currently, working on in my spare time.
I write a fair bit on my blog:
- I've got ADHD
- Week Notes 22#39
- Analysing our dependency trees to determine where we should send Open Source contributions for Hacktoberfest
I blog as a form of documentation, as noted in my post Blogumentation - Writing Blog Posts as a Method of Documentation:
- Gotcha: testable examples in Go need an output comment
- Converting HTTP requests to Wiremock stubs, with Go
- Using generics to get a pointer to any type, in Go
- Optional configuration for configuring Go code
- Building a Go RESTful API with design-first OpenAPI contracts
I track articles and resources that I recommend I/others read as bookmarks on my site, the latest of which are:
- An incomplete list of skills senior engineers need, beyond coding
- Entitlement in Open Source
- Take Care of Your Blog
- Your attention span is being robbed!
- Operational convergence, for REPL-less languages like Go — brandur.org
I also write Week Notes as a way of summarising what's going on in my life. The last one can be found at Week Notes 22#39.
I like to track my data in IndieWeb fashion. For instance, the last book I read was The Sins of Our Fathers by James S. A. Corey, and yesterday, I took 8066 steps.