Hey, I'm Jamie Tanna (he/him/his) 👋
I'm currently a Senior Software Engineer at Elastic, and I'm currently based in Nottingham.
I have a /now page, which aims to be a more up-to-date about page.
I use my personal website as a method of blogging about my learnings, as well as sharing information about projects I have previously, or am currently, working on in my spare time.
I write a fair bit on my blog:
I blog as a form of documentation, as noted in my post Blogumentation - Writing Blog Posts as a Method of Documentation:
- Gotcha: Don't try and authenticate to URLs generated by GitHub Actions Artifacts v4
- Why am I getting Too many arguments with vault?
- Comparing the different Merge Request / Pull Request merge methods in GitLab and GitHub
- How to unpublish/redact/undo/retract a Go release
- How do you represent a JSON field in Go that could be absent, null or have a value?
I track articles and resources that I recommend I/others read as bookmarks on my site, the latest of which are:
- Our Company Is Doing So Well That You’re All Fired
- Paying people to work on open source is good actually - Jacob Kaplan-Moss
- How I write HTTP services in Go after 13 years | Grafana Labs
- (Almost) Every infrastructure decision I endorse or regret after 4 years running infrastructure at a startup
- Minimum Wage Clock · Luna’s Blog
I also write Week Notes as a way of summarising what's going on in my life. The last one can be found at Week Notes 24#08.
I like to track my data in IndieWeb fashion. For instance, the last book I read was The High Lord (The Black Magician Trilogy, Book 3) by Trudi Canavan, and yesterday, I took 3774 steps.