A crowd-sourced DJ platform that allows anyone in the room to search for and queue up songs.
Users visit a flask-powered website and can search (using the Grooveshark api in the backend) and add a song of their choosing to the queue. Songs are played in FIFO order using mpd. PiDJ is designed to be run on a raspberry pi that is connected to speakers, although all software used is cross platform and can be run on x86 linux or osx.
- Flask website
- gevent for IO and player control
- mpd for music control and streaming
- Facebook for user auth and identification
- Grooveshark api for song search and streaming
- peewee/sqlite for relational database
- redis for key-value store and song caching