Gid - Get It Done!
Simple self-contained and selfhosted todo or task manager.
This is a really simple ToDo (or task) manager built with PHP, jQuery and Bootstrap.
This is what it looks like (with a darkmode toggle).
I was looking for a ToDo or task manager that was:
- Self hosted
- Self contained
- Uses a plain text file
- Mobile friendly
- Able to track / see DONE items
Gid does just that (and nothing else)!
- Any PHP enabled webserver will do.
- No need for third party tools, everything you need is here (Bootstrap and jQuery are included).
- No database setup/connection necessary. Gid writes to a plaintext file that can be moved and editted by hand if needed (like todotxt.org).
- Works and looks decent on a smartphone.
- DONE items are still visible with a strikethrough.
There is the option to add an email address (or list of addresses seperated by comma); new tasks will emailed to these addresses. This depends on PHP mmail() function.
Just drop/unpack the folder anywhere on your PHP server and you're pretty much good to go (check your file ownership and permissions).
Add shortcut to iPhone homescreen
Add the URL as a shortcut to your homescreen and it will present a nice looking icon.
Future features (maybe):
- Further todotxt.org file format support. Right now a done task will be written to a done.txt file with an 'x' and date.