Selenized color palette
After researching perceptually uniform color spaces, 4 years of testing, refining hues and fine-tuning lightness using professional grade CIE Lab color space, the task of redesigning venerable Solarized is almost finished! Results:
- Easy on the eyes.
- Beautiful, vibrant and easily distinguishable accent colors.
- Great readability and better compatibility with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Ready-to-use config files are available for the following:
- Blink mobile shell for iOS
- Gnome terminal (default terminal on Ubuntu, Mint and other Gnome-based distros)
- Konsole (default KDE terminal)
- Terminal.app (default OS X terminal)
Editors & IDEs (help wanted!)
- Dircolors (file coloring rules for CLI utilities like
- i3 window manager and status line
- Manpage coloring
- Midnight Commander skin
- Rofi window switcher
- Slack sidebar theme
- Wofi (wayland replacement for Rofi)
If your application is not listed above, it's easy to set the colors manually. See this document for guidelines.
Some command-line programs may need reconfiguration to look good with Selenized, because they make assumptions about the colors configured in terminal (see this issue for details):
However, this is quite rare; vast majority of software works great out-of-the-box.
Contributing and development
About the name
The name of the project is derived from the greek word "selene", which means the moon - as opposed to the sun in Solarized.