This is a ridiculous presentation system that works great for creative, hurried people. See the demo for an example of it working.
It makes text and images as big as they can be, gives you minimal
em), and gives you left/right arrows for navigation.
You can skip every step by doing
This is a bundle of all JS, CSS, and HTML code - which means that it's a bit harder to update, but there are no external dependencies here, so no conference-wifi-pwn.
- the demo
- d3-geo by Kai Chang
- THREE.js + geo by Brandon Liu
- FOSS4G: Beyond
- Project It Yourself
- Freeing the DC Code
- WhereCamp Boston (big alpha)
- foss4g (big alpha)
- Yours? Post it in issues.
- bigclicker is a remote control for big
- bigpy lets you use Markdown with big by implementing it as a pre-processing step in Python
- big-themes (website) is a fledgling new repository for big themes. Try one, make one, take one home today.
- Big is awesomer because lambda, mikeal, and BraulioVM contributed to it! And you can too: it's Public Domain, CC0.
- mdznr has a really cool fork with its own demo
Big is totally HTML5! It uses the HTML5 doctype:
It's therefore imbued with standardslicious hypeclouds.
The source looks like:
<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title></title><link href='big.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' /><script src='big.js'></script></head><body> <div>Big</div> <div><em>Presentation software</em> for busy busy hackers</div> <div>text</div> <div>as <em>big</em> as it can be</div> <div>no config</div> <div><em>1.5k</em></div> <div><em>images too</em></div> <div><img src='http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/5757000880_509440308e_z.jpg' /></div> <div>JS+CSS <a href='https://github.com/tmcw/big'>github.com/ tmcw/ big</a></div>
- If you put an image as the first thing in a slide, it'll become a tiled background. I abused this power in my presentation on project it yourself