RDKit for Excel - rdkit4excel
A simple Excel add-in that gives access to RDKit functions through Python.
- All-Python implementation - any function that can be written as Python code can be added to Excel.
- Automatic publishing of new Python functions added, when marked up with a simple comment.
- Python 2 or 3
- Python modules pythoncom and win32com
- Python modules for RDKit
- Microsoft visual C 9.0 for python 2.7
- Works for both Python 2 and 3 (in this project!).
- Only needed if you add new Excel-callable functions to the add-in.
With the default configuration, your Python installation has to be the same bitness as your Excel. If you have 32-bit Excel and use a 64-bit Python you must set the Python service to run as an out-of-process service (for more details see the [INSTALL document] (./doc/INSTALL.md).
Known bugs and issues
The IDL generation and compilation will fail if a default parameter contains " (double-quotes) in a string quoted by ' (single-quotes).
Code released under the BSD license.