TextSecure client for the Ubuntu Phone
This is a Signal compatible client for the Ubuntu Phone, written in Go and QML. It builds upon the [Go textsecure package] (https://github.com/janimo/textsecure) and modified versions of the Telegram for Ubuntu Phone QML interface.
- Phone registration
- Contact discovery
- Direct and group messages
- Photo, video, audio and contact attachments in both direct and group mode
- Preview for photo and audio attachments
- Storing conversations
What is missing
- Push notifications
- Most settings that are available in the Android app
- Encrypted message store
- Desktop client provisioning/syncing
- Encrypted phone calls
There are still bugs and UI/UX quirks.
Download the latest release from the app store or build it yourself (you'll need docker running)
Install on a phone connected via adb
For more details check the [wiki] (https://github.com/janimo/textsecure-qml/wiki/Installation)
User and developer discussions happen on the [mailing list] (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/textsecure-go), everything else is on github.