A NodeJS based media center
What is MediacenterJS?
MediacenterJS is a media center (like for instance XBMC) running completely from the comfort of your browser. The backend is based on Node.JS with ExpressJS and JADE templates. The MVC structure allows developers to add a plugin to MCJS with ease. The server application runs on Windows, MAC and Linux systems, the client runs in every modern browser (Chrome is preferable though).
Who is this for?
Although services like Netflix or HBOgo are really awesome, they do not have every media you might enjoy or already own. Especially if you're born before the streaming age like me, you'll probably have a lot of media locally somewhere. So, if you want the convienence of the aformentioned services, but you want to use your own media, this app is for you!
- MVC 'App' Framework
- Clientside setup
- Dynamic dashboard
- Keyboard controls
- Movie indexing
- Multi-language support
- Display movies, tvshow and music information
- Local caching of information and images
- Transcoding and playback of movies, tv shows and music
- Subtitle support
- Weather information based on location
- Basic screensaver
- I3d tag support
- Remote control
- Plugin manager
- Page visibility API
- YouTube app
- Version manager
- Device manager
- Parental control functionality
- Basic scheduled tasks
Supported file formats:
- Device streaming still in heavy development
- Seeking beyond buffer not working yet.
Be sure to check the open issues before filing a new one. If you're filing a new issue, be sure to mention your NodeJS version (node -v in a terminal or prompt) and the platform (eg Windows or Ubuntu, Debian etc) you are running the MCJS server on.
Also check out what is currently being developed and/or fixed on MCJS Trello page: https://trello.com/b/czjyYsFi/mediacenterjs
For now, all the translation files are stored in the /public/translations folder. Feel free to contribute by translating.
- Stefan Hoffman for his hudge contribution to the backend and German translation
- Jonathan Bailey for his hudge code contributions and database abstraction layer
- Matthew Marino for his FFMPEG expertise
Special thanks to these contributors:
- Sylvain for his French translation
- Alberto Jerez and David Toraño for their Spanish translation
- Domenico Luciani for his Italian translation
- Alexey Bobyrev for his Russian and Ukrainian translation
- Doğan Aydın And William Belle for their Turkish translation
- Adam for his YouTube App
- Ionică Bizău for the Youtube API NPM module
- Luis Eduardo Brito and Welkson Ramos for their Portuguese translation
- Kasper Isager for his Danish translation
- Robin Larsson and Skruf90for their Swedish translation
- Skruf90 for his Norwegian translation
- Jussi Vatjus for his code support
- Matthew Szatmary for his FFMPEG expertise
- Richard Bernards for his architectural knowledge/support
- andreme for his bugfixes
- Jérémie Parker for his bugfixes
- Gary Katsevman for his bugfixes
- Marco Da Col for his bugfixes and Italian translations
- Chinmaya Kumar Padhi for updating installation instructions OSX
- Valerij Primachenko for compiling the executable for Windows
- P.J. Onori for his icons
I'm building MCJS in my free time so if you want to encourage me to continue this enormous project, feel free to do so.
Copyright (C) 2018 - Jan Smolders