Awesome WM Copycats
Power themes for Awesome WM 3.5+
|Author:||Luke Bonham <dada [at] archlinux [dot] info>|
A set of themes with the aim of making Awesome appearance awesome too!
- Shadow widgets (tell me only when you have to)
- Autostart applications
- Fast mpd and volume shortcuts (first time you see this trick in Awesome)
- Other shortcuts for copying to the clipboard (goodbye clipboard managers!), toggle wiboxes, widgets popups, screenshots capture, moving and magnifying clients
- Quake drop-down terminal
- Calendar with current day highlighted and months switch with a click
- Elegant notifications for new mails, current song, volume level, hdd critical state, low battery
- Yahoo! Weather integration
- Net carrier status notifier
- Colorful autoupdating icons
- Symbolic tag names
- TXT layoutbox
- PNG wibox bar
- Custom layouts
- No borders when there's only one visible client
- Powerful volume bar
- Freedesktop menu
- Vi-like client focus
- Nice client border (colors change along with process status)
- Non-empty tag browsing
- Dynamic useless gaps
- Dynamic tagging
Multicolor copycatted from tip
Powerarrow Darker copycatted from romockee [port from v3.4]
Steamburn copycatted from ok100 [port from dwm]
Holo suggested by amouly
Copland inspired by foozer
git clone https://github.com/copycat-killer/awesome-copycats.git mv -u awesome-copycats ~/.config/awesome cd ~/.config/awesome/lain git submodule init git submodule update
Switch a theme this way:
cd ~/.config/awesome cp rc.lua.theme rc.lua
then customize your
rc.lua and restart Awesome (
Mod4 + ctrl + r).
Be sure to have Lua 5.2+, Lua-lgi, and latest version of Awesome.
Every theme has a colorscheme.
/etc/mime.types, so be sure to have mime-types support installed.
Eminent, freedesktop and scratchdrop are third-party softwares: rely on their creators if they cause you issues.