Voitto - a simple yet efficient double ledger
Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Santtu Pajukanta <email@example.com>
Voitto is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. See the file COPYING.txt for the complete license.
My long term vision is to make a bookkeeping system that supports distributed operation (in the DVCS sense). Some "web 2.0" features (e-invoices/social debt tracking via a REST API) are also being planned.
The use of pip is recommended:
pip install voitto
Standard setup.py magic works, too (including setup.py develop).
At the moment Voitto only consists of a small collection of tools to work with Tappio, a simple closed-source freeware bookkeeping application for Windows.
Current utilities in descending order of usefulness:
- tappio-renumber - sort and renumber events by date
- tappio-extract - extract a period of time from a TLK file (with opening balances)
- tappio-merge - merge two or more TLK files
- tappio-move-entries - all entries from one account number to another
- tappio-indent - a Tappio pretty-printer, useful for "git diff" (see below)
- tappio-missing-accounts - print accounts that are in some but not all input files
- tappio-print-accounts - print the account tree
- tappio-print-earnings - print incomes and expenses in CSV for nice pie graphs
- tappio-graph - print a totally useless GrahpViz graph of money flows
The utilities generally accept an input file as the first argument and an output file as the second argument, with the notable exception of tappio-merge, which takes an output file as the first argument and any number of input files as the rest. Better documentation pending, so UTSL for the time being (and please take backups of your .tlk files before overwriting them with Voitto!).
And BTW, it's safe to do this (as long as you have backups):
tappio-renumber old.tlk old.tlk
The whole file is read in first, then transmogrified and only then written out, so this isn't like shell redirections where you'd end up with an empty old.tlk.
Using indent.py as a pretty-printer for "git diff"
In ~/.gitconfig, add this:
[diff "tappio"] textconv = /path/to/voitto/indent.py
In the .gitattributes of your git repository, add this:
Now "git diff" should use indent.py for pretty printing.