Church Community Builder Core API
A WordPress Plugin that syncs your church data
CCB Core API is a WordPress plugin that has one simple job: It synchronizes your church data from Church Community Builder into your WordPress database as Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, and Post Meta.
Who should use this?
This plugin is geared toward Developers, Designers, and Site Administrators who are familiar with customizing WordPress templates. While it does a great job of synchronizing the data, you'll still need to alter your theme in order to take advantage of the data.
Out of the box, there are two complete integrations:
This integration will synchronize any groups that are both publicly listed and active from the Church Community Builder
group_profiles service to a Custom Post Type named
Public Calendar (Events)
This integration will synchronize all events from the Church Community Builder
public_calendar_listing service to a Custom Post Type named
- Auto Synchronize - Set it and forget it! The plugin works in the background, never interrupting you or your visitors.
- Secure - Your credentials are encrypted, and so is the connection with the Church Community Builder API.
- WordPress Standards - The plugin follows WordPress coding standards and best practices, so it's easy to extend and build upon.
- Free - Free as in "speech" or free as in "beer"? Yes! It's GPLv2 licensed. Don't you love open source?
Customizing & Extending
- Setup additional integrations with other Church Community Builder API services.
- Write your own plugin that builds upon this one.
- Customize the existing integrations (Groups & Events).
The Wiki has more information and code samples.
General usage information (setting up the plugin and customizing your theme) can be found in the usage docs.