Integration layer for Pkcs11Interop and iText (iTextSharp) libraries
Table of Contents
iTextSharp is a C# port of iText - an open-source Java library for PDF generation and manipulation. It can be used to create PDF documents from scratch, to convert XML to PDF, to fill out interactive PDF forms, to stamp new content on existing PDF documents, to split and merge existing PDF documents, to add digital signatures to PDF documents and much more.
Pkcs11interop is managed library written in C# that brings full power of PKCS#11 API to the .NET environment. PKCS#11 is cryptography standard maintained by the OASIS PKCS 11 Technical Committee (originally published by RSA Laboratories) that defines ANSI C API to access smart cards and other types of cryptographic hardware.
Pkcs11interop.PDF creates an integration layer between Pkcs11Interop and iTextSharp libraries by extending iTextSharp with the ability to digitally sign PDF document with the private key stored on almost any PKCS#11 compatible device.
- enables iTextSharp to digitally sign PDF document with smartcard or any other PKCS#11 compatible device
- is compatible with .NET Framework and Mono
- is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- is supported on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- is available under open-source or commercial license
- uses 100% managed and fully documented code
- is directly supported by its original developer
Pkcs11Interop.PDF API is fully documented with the inline XML documentation that is displayed by the most of the modern IDEs during the application development. Detailed Pkcs11Interop.PDF API documentation is also available online.
There are also many useful code samples in iTextSharp tutorial repository.
Archives with the source code and binaries can be downloaded from our releases page.
Official NuGet packages are published in nuget.org repository.
All official items are signed with GnuPG key or code-signing certificate of Jaroslav Imrich.
Pkcs11Interop.PDF uses dual-licensing model:
- Licensing for open source projects:
Pkcs11Interop.PDF is available under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
- Licensing for other types of projects:
Pkcs11Interop.PDF is available under the terms of flexible commercial license. Please contact JWC s.r.o. at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Pick one of the options that best suits your needs:
- Public issue tracker available at GitHub.com
- Questions with pkcs11 tag posted at StackOverflow.com
- Commercial support and consulting from the original developer available at email@example.com
Managed .NET wrapper for unmanaged PKCS#11 libraries.
GUI tool for administration of PKCS#11 enabled devices based on Pkcs11Interop library.
PKCS#11 logging proxy module useful for debugging of PKCS#11 enabled applications.
Pure software implementation of a cryptographic store accessible through a PKCS#11 interface.