Turn any subreddit into a real radio station!
Streamit gets the hottest soundcloud tracks from reddit and then streams it over a IceCast radio stream!
It will refresh every 20 minutes, queueing newly posted tracks.
Streamit offers a API and a websocket integration (through socket.io).
- Multiple subreddit configuration
- REST API (optional)
Allows you to see currently playing track, next track, and song queue. CORS enabled by default.
- socket.io integration. (optional)
Send a update to your frontend whenever the current song changes!
- Works with HTML5 audio tag in all new major browsers.
- Doesn't download anything, pipes mp3 data straight to the icecast server.
No harddisk space/high amounts of RAM needed.
- Reddit listing can be configured to your likings. Rather hear the newest tracks only? Posted today? No problem.
- A (running) IceCast server.
Might work with shoutcast but not tested.
npm install streamit -g
- Find streamit installation directory (
which streamit) & cd into it.
- Edit the config.json file to your likings.
- If you're not making use of pubnub, change api.pubnub to false. If you are, don't forget to enter both the publish and the subscribe key.
- Idem dito for the API (api.enabled)
- Connect to your radio stream and enjoy! (probably http://127.0.0.1:8000/streamit)
There's currently a live server running on https://trapped.io/ making use of both the API and websocket capabilities.