DBC Phase 2 Solo Project ("Build Something Beautiful & Meaningful")
Tripcord is a trip planning application. Users can:
- create a new trip for a specified location (e.g., Seattle, WA)
- search for places to add to their trip (e.g., coffee shops)
- select a place from the research results to add to their trip
- see all the places for a trip on a map
- see the trending topics on Twitter for the trip location
- see a map and Street View embed about each added place
- add notes to a trip or to a place
This project is built in Ruby using Sinatra, with ActiveRecord and PostgreSQL for database/model management -- including using polymorphic associations for notes (trips and places are both "noteable"). I use AJAX for asynchonous fetching and display of place search results.
I used Trello for my kanban, and there's a long list of user stories in my ice box that I hope to get to soon!
Thanks for visiting, and reach out if any questions or suggestions!