Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
CoffeeScript 2 Honor Roll
CoffeeScript 2 could not have been possible without the generous contributions of the following people:
- Modules, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
- Classes output using ES2015 syntax, thanks to @connec.
- Async/await, thanks to @GabrielRatener.
- JSX is now supported (docs), thanks to @xixixao
- Object rest/spread properties are now supported (docs), thanks to @zdenko and @connec.
- Tagged template literals, thanks to @greghuc.
- Interpolated strings output as template literals (ES2015 backtick syntax), thanks to @greghuc.
- Arrow functions, function default parameters and function rest parameters output using ES2015 syntax, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
for…of, thanks to @atg.
- Line comments are now output, and block comments are now allowed anywhere, enabling static type annotations, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth
- Destructuring output using ES2015 syntax, thanks to @connec and @GeoffreyBooth.
- Splats in arrays and function calls output using ES2015 syntax, thanks to @connec.
- Computed properties output using ES2015 syntax, thanks to @connec.
- Octal and binary literals output as-is, thanks to @JimPanic.
setkeywords now throw an error, preserving the option of supporting them as keywords in the future; thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
- Polyfills and helpers were removed, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth and @connec.
- CoffeeScript is stricter about whitespace thanks to @eelco
- Literate CoffeeScript parses Markdown better thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
- Refactored Cake tasks adding watch modes to building the compiler, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
The CoffeeScript module can now be
required in builds intended for non-Node environments such as those created by Webpack or Browserify, thanks to @akfish.
Argument parsing for scripts run via
coffeeis improved, thanks to @cosmicexplorer. See breaking changes.
- The browser tests work again, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
- Redesigned docs for v2, thanks to @GeoffreyBooth.
The v2 docs discuss our design decisions regarding
set, as well as address why CoffeeScript in an ES2015+ world, thanks to @mrmowgli and @GeoffreyBooth.
- Bugs were fixed by @alangpierce, @shreeve, @JimPanic, @helixbass, @xixixao, @connec, @GeoffreyBooth and others.
- Also thanks for feedback from @lydell and @jashkenas.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.