Open Playout Automation
Open Playout Automation is television broadcast solution. It is in development in Polish national television broadcaster - TVP (Telewizja Polska) and intendent to become automation system for its regional channels. Currently works (as a proof-of concept, with partial functionality, however in daily broadcast) in three regional branches. Project widely profits from SVT's CasparCG. It also intensively uses FFmpeg. It can be used as a simple (even multi-) channel-in-a-box solution, as well as in much more sophisticated environment (e.g. 2 players and control workstation with additional stuff, as GPI controlled devices).
- multiple channels
- [NEW] multi-user with rights based on PC network address
- redundant output for every channel
- GPI as start source, aspect ratio control and external graphics trigger
- partial clip playout (via media trimming or logical sub-clips)
- variety of rundown event types: movie, live, graphics, Flash CG templates
- rundown nesting (aka blocks)
- event nesting (e.g. movie may contain graphics)
- event-based GPI triggering to control: branding, parental control and information crawl
- frame-accurate time calculations
- from watchfolders
- from ftp's
- linear (tape or live) ingest with deck control using our CasparCG fork
- from Sony XDCAM decks, supports metadata and subclip ingest
- extensive clip playout-related metadata
- "shallow" archive for temporarily unnecessary media
- preserving clip metadata
They mainly follow CasparCG requirements.
- Windows 7 x64 as base operating system
- .NET 4.5 as application platform
- Blackmagic Design Decklink as inputs and outputs cards
Refer to wiki pages.