🚨 PDF Version here 🚨
New Orleans, LA
Twilio, San Francisco, California (Fully Remote)
Staff Software Engineer 09/2021 - Present
- As Tech Lead for the Lookup API Team, I lead a team of eight engineers, including myself, to drive Twilio's Lookup API towards being an industry leader in consumer trust for brands like Nike, Uber, and Discord.
- The Lookup APIs empower brands to engage in trusted interactions with their customers by providing information about phone numbers to detect fraud and ensure authentic relationships with consumers.
Lucid, LLC, New Orleans, Louisiana
Staff Software Engineer 05/2018 - 09/2021
- Lucid provides a marketplace for human answers for businesses and individuals interested in conducting market research. The team that I lead provides programmatic APIs for suppliers wanting to integrate with Lucid.
- I lead a small team of backend API engineers on a variety of projects that involved creating new microservices in Python and Golang, Dockerized and hosted in AWS.
- These new services helped to deprecate older, less cost-effective infrastructure and also provided better maintainability as well as a better customer experience.
Apple, Inc., Cupertino, California
Software Engineer 10/2011 - 05/2018
- I worked in Safari and WebKit Operations, providing support for continuous integration, testing, deployment and other infrastructure and tooling needed to keep "The Internet" humming along quietly on your iPhone and Mac.
- I previously worked in Hardware Reliability. I worked very closely with the development and manufacturing of new iThings from prototype to launch. I abused Apple products in the name of science.
- I wrote software that performed automated stressing of hardware and then analyzed large volumes of aggregate data to search for reliability issues. Our findings informed and drove product development.
- Cross-functional Team Leadership, SCRUM Methodologies, Twelve-Factor Service Design, SOLID Principles, REST APIs, Scalable Architecture, Cloud Computing, Continuous Integration, Test Automation
- Python, Golang, Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Git, NoSQL
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Masters of Engineering in Computer Science 08/2010 - 05/2011
Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
Computer Science Post-Baccalaureate 01/2008 - 05/2010
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering 08/2000 - 07/2004