PDF Version here
Lucid, LLC, New Orleans, Louisiana
Software Engineering Manager 05/2018 - Present
- Lucid provides a marketplace for human answers for businesses and individuals interested in conducting market research. The team that I lead provides programmatic API's for suppliers wanting to integrate with Lucid.
- I lead a small team of backend API engineers on a variety of projects that involved creating new microservices in Python and Golang, Dockerized and hosted in AWS.
- These new services helped to deprecate older, less cost-effective infrastructure and also provided better maintainability as well as a better customer experience.
Apple, Inc., Cupertino, California
Software Engineer 10/2011 - 05/2018
- I worked in Safari and WebKit Operations, providing support for continuous integration, testing, deployment and other infrastructure and tooling needed to keep "The Internet" humming along quietly on your iPhone and Mac.
- I previously worked in Hardware Reliability. I worked very closely with the development and manufacturing of new iThings from prototype to launch. I abused Apple products in the name of science.
- I wrote software that performed automated stressing of hardware and then analyzed large volumes of aggregate data to search for reliability issues. Our findings informed and drove product development.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Billerica, Massachusetts
Software Engineer 07/2011 - 10/2011
- Okay, so there's this gun that you can point at an unknown thing like a piece of jewelry, for example. The pawn shop says it's solid gold, but you point your trusty ``tricorder" (yeah, like in Star Trek) at the ring and instantly the screen gives a full breakdown of the metallic compounds. Oh look, it's some sort of tungsten alloy. phew We were almost duped. Glad we didn't waste our money on that.
- This is not science-fiction. This gun exists and I wrote embedded C++ in order to facilitate adding a GPS module to one of these guns.
- Read more here: http://www.niton.com/
RSUI Group, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
Software Engineer 10/2006 - 08/2010
- I wrote software that helped move RSUI, a commercial insurance company, towards becoming paperless.
- I improved the productivity of RSUI's insurance professionals by facilitating the movement and storage of policy information.
Agentek, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
Software Engineer 10/2004 - 10/2006
- I Wrote embedded software for ruggedized mobile devices for various Fortune 500 companies in the trucking and field service industries to improve field data collection and distribution in areas such as routing and package delivery and confirmation.
- I wrote a scripting language in C++ to facilitate the automatic provisioning and configuration of ruggedized mobile devices.
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Masters of Engineering in Computer Science 08/2010 - 05/2011
Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
Computer Science Post-Baccalaureate 01/2008 - 05/2010
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering 08/2000 - 07/2004