Jasmine Core 5.0.0 Release Notes
This is a major release that includes breaking changes. It primarily adds
support for parallel execution in Node via the
jasmine package. Most users
should be able to upgrade without changes, but please read the list of breaking
changes below and see the migration guide
for more information.
- Dropped support for Node 12, 14, and 16
- Dropped support for Safari 14 and Firefox 91
- Made Env#execute async and removed the callback parameter
- Global errors are detected via addEventListener rather than setting window.onerror
bootfunction exported by the core module returns the same object every time it's called.
- Removed node_boot.js. Use the exported
- Support for parallel execution in Node via the
jasminepackage See the parallel guide for more information.
- Added Node 20 to supported environments
- Accessibility: Always provide a non-color indication that a spec is pending
- Accessibility: Improved contrast of version number and inactive tab links
- Uninstall the global error handler at the end of env execution
- Updated dev dependencies
- Dogfood parallel execution feature in CI
jasmine-core 5.0.0 has been tested in the following environments.
_Release Notes generated with Anchorman