A base Rails application. Features a user and admin system with Facebook login. It is instadeployable to Heroku.
Here’s one deployed to heroku. Note: Environment variables for Facebook login are not set so logging in that way will not work.
- pg for PostgreSQL
- Devise for authenticating users with OmniAuth for Facebook login
- Kaminari for pagination
- CarrierWave for file uploads
- MetaSearch for searching users
For testing and development:
- Cucumber with Capybara
- Database Cleaner
- Ruby Debug
- Factory Girl
- Awesome Print
- Email Spec
- Make sure you have rvm and Ruby 1.9.2.
- Install dependencies from Gemfile:
bundle install --path vendor/bundle.
- Create your
config/database.yml, create the database and run the migrations.
- For Facebook login to work, export environment variables
base-app is Copyright © 2011 Rendered Text. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.