An open source Ruby on Rails content management system. More information at http://refinerycms.com
Wanna see Refinery for yourself? Try the demo
What's it good at?
Refinery is great for sites where the client needs to be able to update their website themselves without being bombarded with anything too complicated.
Unlike other content managers, Refinery is truly aimed at the end user making it easy for them to pick up and make changes themselves.
- Easily customise the look to suit the business.
- Extend with custom engines to do anything Refinery doesn't do out of the box.
- Sticks to "the Rails way" as much as possible; we don't force you to learn new templating languages.
Refinery's gem requirements are:
- acts_as_indexed = 0.6.4
- authlogic = 2.1.6
- friendly_id = 3.1.3
- rails = 3.0.0
- rmagick ~> 2.12.0
- truncate_html = 0.4
- will_paginate = 3.0.pre2
- More to add here for rails3 support.
- Install Refinery
- Update Refinery to the latest version
- Install Refinery on Heroku
- Run the Refinery test suite
Help and Documentation
- Easily edit and manage pages with a WYSIWYG visual editor.
- Manage you site's structure.
- Easily upload and insert images.
- Upload and link to resources such as PDF documents.
- Uses the popular Dragonfly.
- Supports storage on Amazon S3.
- Collect inquiries from a contact form.
- Manage your inquiries and be notified when new ones come in.
- Checks new inquiries for spam.
- Manage the behaviour of Refinery
- Easily integrate with Google Analytics
- Get an overview of what has been updated recently and see recent inquiries.
- Manage who can access Refinery.
- Control which engines each user has access to.
- Uses the popular authlogic.
Extend Refinery easily by running the Refinery engine generator
rails generate refinery_engine
to get help on how to use that. Or read the full documentation on writing engines for Refinery