PyOhio 2014 Introduction to Pandas
Clone the repository
$ git clone https://github.com/jasonamyers/pyohio-2014-pandas.git
Navigate to the repo folder
$ cd pyohio-2014-pandas.git
$ npm install
Serve the presentation and monitor source files for changes
$ grunt serve
Open http://localhost:8000 to view your presentation
You can change the port by using
grunt serve --port 8001.
Just press »F« on your keyboard to show your presentation in fullscreen mode. Press the »ESC« key to exit fullscreen mode.
Presentations can be exported to PDF via a special print stylesheet. This feature requires that you use Google Chrome. Here's an example of an exported presentation that's been uploaded to SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/hakimel/revealjs-13872948.
- Open your presentation with css/print/pdf.css included on the page. The default index HTML lets you add print-pdf anywhere in the query to include the stylesheet, for example: lab.hakim.se/reveal-js?print-pdf.
- Open the in-browser print dialog (CMD+P).
- Change the Destination setting to Save as PDF.
- Change the Layout to Landscape.
- Change the Margins to None.
- Click Save.
reveal.js comes with a speaker notes plugin which can be used to present per-slide notes in a separate browser window. The notes window also gives you a preview of the next upcoming slide so it may be helpful even if you haven't written any notes. Press the 's' key on your keyboard to open the notes window.