This is the Example app to accompany my blog post 2017-02-20: www.jasonfleetwoodboldt.com/writing/2017/02/20/how-to-get-your-heroku-app-to-optimize-your-images/
I'm running a live demo of this code here image-optim-paperclip-exmp-41.herokuapp.com
Because I pay for this bucket, please do not abuse. This demo app is provided for developer testing purposes only; I reserve the right to delete any images uploaded for any reason, including copyright infringement or simply lack-of-space. Please do not upload any inappropriate photos or photos you do not own.
Running me locally
• Go ahead, clone me to your local drive
• Make sure ImageMagick is installed
• When running locally, you run me with SQLite
• Be sure to “`rake db:create“` and “`rake db:migrate“`. You should notice only an “`assets“` table is created.
• Upload some large, un-optimized images. You'll notice the optimizer will create optimized versions
• When you upload assets, they will be created at public/system/. This folder is in .gitignore