This is under development. Basically nothing useful is here.
Manage and launch Chrome layouts, similar to tmuxinator.
Developer modeis checked
Load unpacked extension...
- Locate and select the directory with the
manifest.jsonfile in it
Currently requires Chrome 33+ for OSX. Linux/Windows are untested.
Main structure is a Chrome extension under
extension/ and a native app under
- The extension has two parts; host and worker.
- The extension and native app will communicate via "native messaging." Alternatively they could communicate via websockets.
- The extension host will provide a UI for designing layouts (options page) and a UI for launching layouts (popup).
- The extension host will push layout jobs to the native app.
- The extension worker (running under a desired profile) will pull layout jobs from the native app (relevant to its profile).
- The native app will maintain this queue of layout jobs.
- The native app will launch new Chromes with specified profiles, as needed.
Interestingly, moving from native messaging to websockets opens the door for remote workers.
Minimal designer who reads display geom options page? http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/options.html https://github.com/roykolak/chrome-bootstrap get display geometry build layout as text repr
Minimal launcher who opens urls in same profile but at geoms popup?
Build pipeline for browserify, Q, etc. https://github.com/kriskowal/q
Launch layouts in preferred chrome profiles (possibly via native-messaging + chromedriver)
Example native-messaging node host: http://blog.dfilimonov.com/2013/09/12/devtools-terminal.html
Launching chromes in different profiles:
My StackOverflow question
Profile Extension API proposal:
My inquiry on the Profile Extension API
Related crbug "Extensions don't know profile"
Native-messaging + chromedriver workaround?
How to launch windows in other profiles?
Extensions running in multiple profiles, get refs to bkg-page in multiple profiles: `https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!searchin/chromium-extensions/user$20profile/chromium-extensions/xt_x2B-gYhc/SDZkKyd-lbIJ`
native/ (NativeMessagingAPI and related code) is from https://github.com/petethepig/devtools-terminal