PLoS altmetrics paper
The purpose of the paper to present the results of our study investigating these questions:
- Is there in fact enough altmetrics data available to construct meaningful metrics?
- How is data distributed across tools, users, and time?
- How do altmetrics relate to accepted citation measures?
There are three projects included here:
- crawler code used to collect the altmetrics data used in this study
- database queries code to access the raw data in the couchDB
- stats R statistical scripts used to do the reported analyses and visualizations
Datasets are available here on GitHub, in the Downloads section.