This project is meant to be a starting place for the Intro to Google Maps API that Jason Feinstein will give at the TriangleJS Meetup on July 26th, 2011.
Topics to Cover
- Including the script.
- Instantiating a map, and MapOptions
- Making the map resizable using google.maps.event
- Adding markers to the map
- Adding info windows that open when a marker is clicked.
- Polylines and Polygons
If we have time, I'll show code for a map with moving markers, where each marker is a bus at NC State.
- Encoded Polylines and the geometry library