Libvirt is a toolkit to interact with virtualization capabilities of recent versions of GNU/Linux (and other OSes). (reference: Libvirt)
Virtualization Technologies Supported
- The Xen hypervisor on Linux and Solaris hosts.
- QEMU emulator
- KVM Linux hypervisor
- LXC Linux container system
- OpenVZ Linux container system
- User Mode Linux paravirtualized kernel
- VirtualBox hypervisor
- VMware ESX and GSX hypervisors
- IBM Power Hypervisor
- Management of virtual machines, virtual networks and storage
- Remote management using TLS encryption and x509 certificates
- Remote management authenticating with Kerberos and SASL
- Local access control using PolicyKit
- Zero-conf discovery using Avahi multicast-DNS
- Support for storage on IDE/SCSI/USB disks, FibreChannel, LVM, iSCSI, NFS and filesystems
Get and Install node-libvirt
$ git clone git://github.com/c4milo/node-libvirt.git $ cd node-libvirt $ node-gyp configure $ node-gyp build
Use node-libvirt in your project
$ npm link
From your app's folder:
$ npm link libvirt
Example of use
Take a look at the docs page
(The MIT License)
Copyright 2012 Camilo Aguilar. All rights reserved.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.