A web site for displaying historical map overlays on top of map of Helsinki.
For licenses and copyrights, see LICENCES.txt.
- Download GDAL Complete from: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:frameworks#gdal_complete
- Install GDAL Complete & NumPY from the package
- Install GDAL with "brew install gdal"
- Install PIL with "brew install pil"
- Use Photoshop to find pixel coordinates
- Use lat-lon tool to find the matching map coordinates: http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps/googleMapLocationv3.php
Fetch missing map data
Some files are too big to keep in the repository. They need to be fetched separately.
- Run "cd tools; ./fetch-map-data.sh"
Creating map tiles
- Run "cd tools; ./generate-tiles.sh"