This is the practical result of my Masters degree in Smart Cities through the collaboration between the University of Girona and the city of Schiedam. The reason for this project is to explore new ways to share information with the citizens, using open data, maps and visual techniques.
The application allows you to connect different sources of information, usually open data in the public domain, and generate layers that are subsequently added over vector maps.
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL or any DB supported by Laravel should work.
- Beanstalkd or any queue server supported by Laravel should work.
- A capable web server.
- Node.js, LTS will do.
- A Mapbox account to access Mapbox-GL API
- Any decent web browser will do. (so, no IE please)
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/jaumesala/opendata-maps
- Install dependencies
composer install && npm install
- Configure the environment file
vi .env # Fill in database info
- Initialize the application
php artisan app:init
This application is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license