This is an example app using Rails 3.2 and PostgreSQL's hstore mechanism to store user preference data in PostgreSQL as the hstore data type.
A quick run-down:
- Ruby 1.9 or better required
- checkout the repo, set up a local PostgreSQL database and user, then cp config/database.yml.example config/database.yml
- edit config/database.yml to your liking for dev/test environments
- bundle install
- bundle exec rake db:migrate (or bundle exec rake db:create, then migrate if you haven't created the db yet)
- bundle exec puma
- Navigate to http://localhost:9292
To run tests: bundle exec rake spec
See the Engine Yard Blog for the companion article to this codebase.