You can clone with
No one assigned
Well, everything is okay with 0.7.3 whenever version and rails 3.2.9.
After I ran bundle update with 0.8.0 I started getting the following error while deploying:
* 2012-11-20 17:07:02 executing `whenever:update_crontab'
* executing "cd /home/deepgun/projects/voodoo/releases/20121120110649 && export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 && /usr/local/bin/bundle exec whenever --update-crontab voodoo --set environment=staging --roles db"
[my_server] executing command
** [out :: my_server] Could not find whenever-0.8.0 in any of the sources
** [out :: my_server] Run `bundle install` to install missing gems.
If I run on server bundle install whenever -v '0.8.0' it shows me the error for the next updated gem.
Before that bundler took all the gems from vendor/cache directory but now for some reason it doesn't.
bundle install whenever -v '0.8.0'
UPD: I'm on Ubuntu 11.10. And my co-worker runs this code on MacOS and everything is ok.
It seems that 7ae1009 is the reason of broken deployment.
In earlier versions deployment looked in this way:
triggering after callbacks for `deploy:finalize_update'
* executing `bundle:install'
* executing `whenever:clear_crontab'
* executing `whenever:update_crontab'
Now it looks so:
* 2012-11-22 16:48:52 16:48:52 == Currently executing `deploy:finalize_update'
triggering before callbacks for `deploy:finalize_update'
* 2012-11-22 16:48:52 16:48:52 == Currently executing `whenever:update_crontab'
It seems that whenever:update_crontab task is run BEFORE bundle:install. As a result bundled whenever is not found and deployment process interrupts
Are you going to open a PR?
I think I may have the same issue. Cap deploy works with 0.7.3:
* 2012-12-12 16:40:53 executing `deploy:finalize_update'
* 2012-12-12 16:40:53 executing `bundle:install'
* 2012-12-12 16:40:54 executing `whenever:clear_crontab'
Cap deploy fails with 0.8.0:
* 2012-12-12 16:34:07 executing `deploy:finalize_update'
* 2012-12-12 16:34:07 executing `whenever:update_crontab'
Could not find rake-10.0.2 in any of the sources (Bundler::GemNotFound)
Same issue as #275