Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This is the main page for Java™ Pathfinder (JPF). JPF is an extensible software model checking framework for Java™ bytecode programs. The system was developed at the NASA Ames Research Center, open sourced in 2005, and is freely available on this server under the Apache-2.0 license.
- Introduction - a brief introduction into model checking and JPF
- How to obtain and install JPF - everything to get it running on your machine
- How to use JPF - the user manual for JPF
- Developer guide - what's under the hood
- JPF core project - description and link to jpf-core
- Projects - link to currently active and legacy extensions of JPF
- Workshops - link to annual workshops on JPF
- Google Summer of Code - link to JPF's participation in the Google Summer of Code program, current ideas page here.
- Mailing list - discussion about JPF takes place in Google Groups JPF Google Group
Latest JPF News
- 05/08/2018 JPF Workshop 2018 will be co-located with FSE 2018 in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Please consider submitting a paper.
- 01/23/2018 The JPF team is applying to the GSoC program for 2018. To learn more, please visit the JPF/GSoC page.
- 05/01/2017 JPF Workshop 2017 will be co-located with ASE 2017 in Champaign, IL. Please consider submitting a paper.
- 02/27/2017 JPF got accepted for GSoC 2017. Please visit our ideas page, and let us know if you have a topic in mind.
- 01/19/2017 The JPF team is applying to the GSoC program for 2017. To learn more, please visit the JPF/GSoC page.
- 06/01/2016 JPF Workshop 2016 will be co-located with FSE 2016 in Seattle, WA, on November 18, 2016. Please consider submitting a paper.
- 04/22/2016 JPF student proposals accepted for GSoC 2016 announced - Congratulations to the students!
- 02/29/2016 JPF got accepted for GSoC 2016. Please visit our ideas page, and let us know if you would like to propose a project.
- 17/08/2015 JPF Workshop 2015 Accepted Papers are announced. Please visit ASE 2015 for registration, date and venue information.
- 10/03/2014 JPF Workshop 2014 Accepted Papers. Please visit SOAR Lab for registration, date and venue information.
- 10/01/2013 JPF Workshop 2013 Accepted Papers. Please note JPF Workshop 2013 website is down due to the shutdown, please visit ASE 2013 for registration, date and venue information.
- 06/20/2013 JPF Workshop 2013 will be co-located with ASE 2013 Please submit papers.
- 05/27/2013 JPF student proposals accepted for GSoC 2013 announced - Congratulations to the students!
- 04/08/2013 The show is on - JPF got accepted for GSoC 2013. Please visit the GSoC project ideas page or let us know about your own project suggestions.
- 06/07/2012 JPF Workshop 2012 is co-located with FSE 2012, November 11 and 12. We solicit submissions for the JPF Workshop 2012.
- 04/23/2012 JPF student proposals accepted for GSoC 2012 announced - Congratulations to the students!
- 03/26/2012 GSoC Student Applications period is open until April 6. Please submit your proposal at JPF GSoC page.
- 03/16/2012 JPF has been accepted as mentoring org. for GSoC 2012. Visit our ideas page.
- 10/14/2011 A hands-on JPF tutorial will be held on Nov 7th at Lawrence, Kansas co-located with ASE 2011.
- 05/26/2011 JPF Workshop is co-located with ASE 2011, Lawrence, Kansas - Submit papers on your work.
- 03/25/2011 JPF student proposals accepted for GSoC 2011 announced - Congratulations to the students!
- 03/18/2011 JPF has been accepted as mentoring org. for GSoC 2011. Visit our ideas page.
- 11/30/2010JPF version 6 released - update your jpf-core.
- 09/20/2010ASE 2010 Tutorial on Automated Component-Based Verification Slides.
- 08/02/2010 Summer project presentations set for 08/13/2010 - see summer summit event page.
- 04/29/2010 Selected summer projects announced
- 02/14/2010 ISSTA 2010 Tutorial on Automated Testing with Java PathFinder announced.
- 02/12/2010 Call for Google Summer of Code 2010 project proposals out - visit our SoC page.
- 01/30/2010 JPF Google group replaces old mailing lists.
- 01/12/2010 Fujitsu press announcement released about using and extending Symbolic PathFinder for comprehensive testing of Java web applications.
- 09/02/2009 JPF server on goes live, featuring the JPFWiki and separate Mercurial repositories for JPF core and extension projects.
- 07/22/2009 JPF wins the 2009 "Outstanding Technology Development Award" of the Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC), Far West Division.