#Introduction This repository was forked from https://github.com/thoughtbot/laptop.
Since I'm using bash, rather than zsh, I have to modify script to suit my needs.
- Download and install XCode, and the Command Line Tools for XCode.
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/xiaolai/laptop/master/mac-port-way)OR:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/xiaolai/laptop/master/mac-brew-way)NOTE: XCode is essentially not needed if you only want to play with ruby and rails...
Though most favor HomeBrew over MacPorts, I found it's much easier and less problematic to use MacPorts.
The following code will solve the problem : "OpenSSL Errors and Rails – Certificate Verify Failed – Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError"
# Install openssl echo "Install openssl..." brew install openssl brew link openssl # download cert.pem file for openssl cd /usr/local/etc/openssl/certs/ sudo curl -O http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem sudo mv cacert.pem cert.pem cd - echo " # cert.pem file for openssl export SSL_CERT_FILE=/usr/local/etc/openssl/certs/cert.pem" >> ~/.bash_profile source ~/.bash_profile
Batch scripts for Ruby production environment install on Ubuntu Server.
______ __ __ /\__ _\ __/\ \__ /\ \ \/_/\ \/ ___ /\_\ \ ,_\ \_\ \ \ \ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /'_` \ \_\ \__/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_ __/\ \L\ \ /\_____\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\/\_\ \___,_\ \/_____/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/\/_/\/__,_ /
Laptop is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Rails development.
- Install a C compiler, such as GCC, LLVM, or Clang.
- Set zsh as your login shell.
To change your login shell run this from a Terminal:
chsh -s /bin/zsh
Run the script:
zsh < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/thoughtbot/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Ack for finding things in files
- Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
- Foreman gem for serving Rails apps locally
- Heroku gem for interacting with the Heroku API
- Heroku Config plugin for local
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- ImageMagick for cropping and resizing images
- Postgres for storing relational data
- Postgres gem for talking to Postgres from Ruby
- Rails gem for writing web applications
- Ruby stable for writing general-purpose code
- RVM for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
- SSH public key for authenticating with Github and Heroku
- Tmux for saving project state and switching between projects
It should take less than 30 minutes to install (depends on your machine).
Laptop is maintained and funded by thoughtbot, inc.
Thank you to all the contributors!
The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Laptop is Copyright © 2011-2012 thoughtbot, inc. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.