A minimalist, caffeinated Ghost theme.
Project page: https://javierrizzo.com/projects/ristretto/
- It's minimalist: Uncluttered so you can focus on reading.
- It's responsive: It can be read just as well on a PC, a tablet, or a smartphone.
- It's fast: That's what I mean when I call it caffeinated. It contains as little CSS and JS as possible without compromising usability. Even Google's PageSpeed Insights ranks it a solid 100/100.
- It has syntax highlighting: Using Prism.js, if you specify a language on a code block, it will be automatically colored.
- It has icons: Powered by Font Awesome.
- It's easily extensible: Ads and comment sections can be added easily without having to edit the theme code.
Just clone the repo into your
content/themes/ directory and restart Ghost.
To add Disqus comments, just add
<script> window.disqus_user = 'YOUR_USER'; </script>
on the head code injection section of your Ghost settings, where
the name of your Disqus account.
This is a little trickier as it depends on the ad service you're using, but
basically there's a
div with the
insert-ad class between each post on the
frontpage, or on the top of a post page, so you can easily make a footer
code-injection script to insert the ads on them.
The MIT License
Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Javier Rizzo
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.