Visualization of Big Urban Data
2nd French-Brazilian School on Big Data and Smart Cities, Natal, 8-10 November 2017.
- Mapbox and Google Maps API access tokens
- Docker Community Edition or Docker Toolbox (depending on your OS)
- Tutorial material and dataset
- Whiteboard (for questions/answers during the tutorial)
Data Sience Lab Material (dxlab)
The material is divided in 2 parts:
- dxlab-smart-cities: excercises and docker-configuration files.
- dxlab-smart-cities-ds (~30mb): dataset for the exercises.
Download both parts. Unzip
- dxlab-smart-cities-ds is already available for download.
- dxlab-smart-cities will be available the 1st day of the school.
Docker is a platform for creating and running containerized apps. You have 2 options for running docker:
- Docker Community Edition. Ideal for recent Mac and Windows 10 Pro systems.
- Docker Toolbox. For older Mac and Windows systems that do not meet the Docker CE requirements.
If you encounter one of the following error messages:
- VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system
- This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled
- The processor on this computer is not compatible with Hyper-V
Only for Docker Toolbox Users
The exercises require to forward ports to the default virtual machine. Open Virtual Box and fordward the following ports (how to forward ports):
The tutorial depends on 2 docker images:
- jaeo/dxlab-smart-cities (~2 gb). Contain jupyter, spark, python3, node + python/node libraries.
- rabbitmq:3-management (~125 mb). Contain RabbitMQ and RabbitMQ web UI.
These images are in a public repository. You can download them by opening a Docker Quick Start Terminal (or a clasical terminal if not running Docker Toolbox) and executing the following command:
$ docker pull jaeo/dxlab-smart-cities rabbitmq:3-management
You can verify the existence of the images in your machine by executing:
$ docker images