Chrome OS Wallpaper Info
Sets Chrome OS wallpaper background to useful device info.
Install the extension from above. Your background wallpaper should be updated within a minute to a blue gradient with system information at the top right.
Current System Details
At the moment, the extension can display:
- Chrome OS version numbers
- CPU model, number of logical cores and temperature.
- Memory total and unused in gb.
- Storage total and free in gb.
- Logged in user email.
- Current system IP addresses
- User login time
- last wallpaper refresh time
- [Managed devices only] Device Serial Number
- [Managed devices only] Device location as set by admin.
- [Managed devices only] Device Asset ID as set by admin.
Options for the extension can be set by clicking the extension icon and options.
G Suite admins with Chrome Enterprise managed devices can force install the extension for their users. In order for the extension to work, you must not set a wallpaper from the admin console.
- Manually install the extension in your user profile.
- Customize the extension options as you'd prefer.
- Once you're happy with your options, click "Download policy" and save the file locally.
- Force install the extension for your users.
- Set policy for the app by uploading the file you downloaded above.
- If you use Chrome Sync and log into 2 or more devices, Chrome Sync may sync the wallpaper generated by one device onto the other device. Workaround is to go to chrome://settings/syncSetup, disable "Sync Everything" and then disable "Themes & Wallpapers" so that wallpaper does not sync across your devices.
- For devices with multiple monitors, the primary monitor should display the wallpaper properly but wallpaper may be stretched or cropped on secondary monitors.
- When using images for background, the web server must be CORS-enabled and allow image use. Try hosting on imgur.com.