Cakifo is a free WordPress theme built with from the rock-solid Hybrid Core theme framework, so it provides a great starting point with many useful features..
This theme is a parent theme. What this means is that to customize it, you should be creating a child theme. Is it a theme framework? Some people might call it that. All you need to know is that it's a solid, yet flexible, starting point for any blog.
- Cakifo in the official theme directory
- Requires at least WordPress 3.6
- Tested up to 4.0
- Child theme friendly – Nearly everything can be customized in a child theme
- Hybrid Core as framework
- HTML5 markup
Theme Customizer – Make changes to the theme and live preview them
- Custom logo (text, image, or both)
- Custom background
- Custom colors
- Custom fonts
Custom front page
Supports all Post Formats
- Multiple widget-ready areas
- Per-post/page layouts – Quickly change the layout of your site
- Custom stylesheet for individual posts
- Featured Content Slider
- Built-in pagination
- Post thumbnails
Colorbox - a jQuery lightbox plugin
Ready for translation – run the theme in any language (Danish is already added!)
- RTL stylesheet
Uses the built-in WordPress menu system
- Context-aware action and filter hooks
- Small theme settings page (yep, that's a feature)
- Highly-configurable widgets that give you full control over their display
- Update notification when a version is available - download the update directly from WordPress.org
- And much, much more!
Since Cakifo is a parent theme, you'll want to create a child theme if you plan on making any customizations.
If you don't and make changes direcly to Cakifo, you will lose them upon updating.
Don't know how to make a child theme? It's quite simple if you follow the steps shown in the Wiki
Cakifo is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.0
- Hybrid Core by Justin Tadlock
- Flexslider by Woothemes
- Colorbox by Jack Moore
- Chosen.js by Harvest
- Chosen Sortable by Yves Van Broekhoven & Simon Menke
- And others! More people are credited in the source
I can help with support for this theme. But Theme Hybrid has a Theme Club where you'll get the benefit of access to all of the tutorials and documentation and complete read/write access to the support forums. The support package exists to get you up and running as quickly as possible, and they have a great community of people willing to help each other out.