Cakifo is a free WordPress theme built with from the rock-solid Hybrid Core theme framework, so it provides a great starting point with many useful features..
This theme is a parent theme. What this means is that to customize it, you should be creating a child theme. Is it a theme framework? Some people might call it that. All you need to know is that it's a solid, yet flexible, starting point for any blog.
- Requires at least WordPress 3.4
- Tested up to 3.4
- Cakifo in the official theme directory
- Child theme friendly - Nearly everything can be customized in a child theme
- Uses Hybrid Core as framework
- HTML5 markup
- Responsive design
- Theme Customizer – Make changes to the theme and live preview them
- Custom logo (text, image or both)
- Custom background
- Custom front page with slider, recent posts, and posts from categories
- Per-post layouts that allow you to quickly change the layout of your site
- Post setting that allows you to add a custom stylesheet for individual posts
- Built-in pagination
- Killer post thumbnails function that work with WordPress' featured image functionality and provide extra features
- Multiple sidebars that you can customize however you like
- Fully internationalized, so you can run the theme in any language (Danish and French are already added!)
- Uses the built-in WordPress menu system
- Context-aware action and filter hooks
- Many useful shortcodes
- Small theme settings page (yep, that's a feature)
- Custom link color
- Highly-configurable widgets that give you full control over their display
- Update notification when a version is available - You can even update directly from dashboard!
- And much, much more!
Since Cakifo is a parent theme, you'll want to create a child theme if you plan on making any customizations.
If you don't and make changes direcly to Cakifo, you will lose them upon updating.
Don't know how to make a child theme? It's relatively simple. Just follow the below steps.
Since Cakifo is a parent theme, you'll want to create a child theme if you plan on making any customizations. Don't know how to make a child theme? It's relatively simple.
Just follow the steps shown in the Wiki
Cakifo is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.0
- Hybrid Core by Justin Tadlock
- Flexslider by Woothemes
- Wolforg for french translation
- Jack Moore for Colorbox
- And others! More people are credited in the source
I can help with support for this theme. But Theme Hybrid has a Theme Club where you'll get the benefit of access to all of the tutorials and documentation and complete read/write access to the support forums. The support package exists to get you up and running as quickly as possible, and they have a great community of people willing to help each other out.