A bot to receive Prometheus Alertmanager webhook events and forward them to chosen rooms.
- Uses pre-created Matrix user to send alerts using token auth
- Configurable room per alert receiver
- Automatic joining of configured public rooms on start up
- Secret key authentication with Alertmanager
How to use
Whether running manually or via the Docker image, the configuration is set via environment variables. When running manually, copy
.env, set the values and they will be loaded automatically. When using the Docker image, set the environment variables when running the container.
The Docker image
jaywink/matrix-alertmanager:latest is the easiest way to get the service running. Ensure you set the required environment variables listed in
.env.default in this repository.
You will need to configure a webhook receiver in Alertmanager. It should looks something like this:
receivers: - name: 'myreceiver' webhook_configs: - url: 'https://my-matrix-alertmanager.tld/alerts?secret=veryverysecretkeyhere'
The secret key obviously should match the one in the alertmanager configuration.
NOTE! Currently the bot cannot talk HTTPS, so you need to have a reverse proxy in place to terminate SSL, or use unsecure unencrypted connections.
- HTTPS support without reverse proxy
- Better test coverage
- Nicer formatting of messages
- Registering an account instead of having to use an existing account
- Joining rooms that are configured automatically
Node 10, Express, Matrix JS SDK
Jason Robinson / https://jasonrobinson.me / @jaywink:feneas.org