BasePHP is a small, general PHP class library. It’s written to take advantage of the new features offered by PHP 5.3 which, given my current work-rate, will probably be in wide-use by the time this library is complete.
- Object oriented database access with support for:
- lazy connection via instance registry
- smart(er) automatic value quoting
- exception wrapping for catching constraint violations
- automatic conversion/instantiation of boolean/date types
- table creation
- Date & time classes
- Powerful “rewire” feature which automatically creates wrapper objects for file uploads and submitted date/currency values
- Currency class
- ISO country/language data
- MIME type handling
Image class supporting chainable operations, resizing, cropping and filtering(maybe coming back soon)
BasePHP is designed to use class autoloading – if you don’t like this, this library isn’t for you.
Very simple, just copy the contents of the “inc” directory into your include root. You’ll probably want to add a couple of lines to your master include file to make your life easier – just check out ‘configure.php’ for details.
You can run the tests directly from the shell. For example:jason@ratchet ~ $ cd $BASE_PHP_ROOT jason@ratchet base $ php run_tests.php
To report bugs, email me at email@example.com
If you’d like to contribute, drop me a line at the same address, or fork the project and send a pull request.