Find out if your server has changed
- Were there new packages installed?
- Have config files changed?
What you need
- Linux server (tested with Ubuntu)
- Git installed
- A user with SSH access, sudo privileges and a home directory
- Bundler gem (locally)
- Capistrano gem (locally) - alternatively you could use bundle exec cap
Install and Run
git clone email@example.com:jorbabe/whats_the_diff.git
Make changes to config/config.template.yml for your environment
cp config/config.template.yml config/config.yml
View whats changed
cap blueprintwill email you if anything on your server has changed
- Default blueprint output is a Chef recipe.
- Your public key is automatically uploaded to the server
- The email will come from serveruser@servername (FQDN) - adjust email filters accordingly
- You can run the diff manually at any time with
- Crontab is installed at /etc/cron.d - Crontab functionality has yet to be implemented