Redmine Asset Pipeline plugin
This plugin adds asset pipeline awesomeness to Redmine and Redmine plugins.
For who ?
This plugin only targets plugin developers. You shouldn't try to install this without a deep understanding of the benefits and the way to make it work.
By default, Redmine made the deliberate (and wise) choice to disable the asset pipeline for core development. Enabling the asset pipeline by default would bring a thousand questions for people who are not in Rails and have a deep understanding of how it works. See some of my thoughs about this here.
Having the asset pipeline enabled would be interesting though if you have a lot of plugins, which is my case. The average page on my biggest Redmine instance downloads ~50 js/css individual files, which is a big waste in terms of performance and bandwith. I'd really like them to be minified and bundled into one application.js and one application.css.
The plugin reconfigures asset-related options in the main app.
Features of this plugin
- serve main app assets with the asset pipeline : disabled
- serve plugin assets with the asset pipeline : disabled for standard plugins ; enabled for redmine gems
- minify assets in the pipeline : disabled
- concatenate all plugin assets into one js + one css : ok for redmine gems
- concatenate core resources with the ones of plugins : abandonned (useless)
- compile coffeescript/sass/etc. : not tested yet
- for now it seems that all_plugins.js loads everything already loaded in all_core.js, resulting in unecessary wasted bandwith.
This plugin is only compatible with Redmine 2.1.0+. It is distributed as a ruby gem.
Add this line to your redmine's Gemfile.local:
And then execute:
$ bundle install
Then restart your Redmine instance.
Note that general instructions for plugins here don't apply here.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request