A Persistence Of Vision Speedometer
What is it?
Speevo is an Arduino-based visual speedometer. Attach it to anything that moves, look at a stationary point while it goes past, and you can read the speed as a persistence-of-vision afterimage in your eye.
TODO: This needs to be seriously fleshed out.
I currently have code, some photos of a stripboard-based Arduino shield, and some photos of the working project.
What will be included?
I plan on using this project as an opportunity to refresh a range of skills, so eventually I will include:
- An Arduino shield suitable for home manufacturing
- A board design for an ATTINY85 based version (power supply to be decided)
- A generic case design (3D printable)
- Updated code to allow for input of desired speed range etc.
- Possible other application-specific boards.