The code for the site hosted at sailscores.com, a free service for hosting club sailing scores. Written on ASP.NET Core MVC with a REST API.
It's optimized for a range of screen sizes and fast entry of results. The site went live in spring of 2019 and is regularly used for large series as well as one evening events.
I've been keeping scores for our club for a few years and decided to fix the weaknesses with available options for scorekeeping. I'm not aware of any other scoring software that: 1) has a modern interface, 2) supports mobile devices, 3) is inexpensive or free, and 4) supports club series scoring as well as regatta scoring. SailScores scratches those itches.
SailScores top priorities:
- easy to navigate and bookmark.
- fast to use, particularly for entering new results.
- web and mobile friendly.
- Accurate Appendix A results, including proper rounding and tie-breaking.
- Free for the foreseeable future.
- Various niceties for scoring, like automatically including weather, but not at the expense of ease-of-use.
- Additional scoring system options. Systems based on High Point Percentage and Appendix A are currently supported, with options for custom calculations and score codes.
- Open REST API: I have plans for rich client software which will use the existing public, straightforward API.
- On the roadmap: analytics for race and competitor data.
This code supports multiple tenants, including visible and hidden clubs. This winter includes work on some bigger features and a client app.
Licensed with Mozilla Public License Version 2.0 : You may use this software, but share the source for modifications that you distribute.
Contributions welcome. Feedback requested: I'm trying to keep the github issues list current with features I'm working on; but it's nice to have help prioritizing. Even thumbs-ups for features you would like to see are tremendously useful.